Thursday, May 28, 2009

ONE WEEK TO GO

We have one week until we leave for Alice Springs, I have so much to do before we leave I'm not sure where to start.  I really shouldn't be sitting here writing a post for my blog lol.  It’s 7am I've tidied up the house, washing’s in the machine and the girls are almost ready to leave for school I figure I can spare half an hour or so .

We are going to Alice Springs to compete in the Tattersall's Finke Desert Race or I probably should say Tony is competing I'm spectating lol.  This will be Tony’s second time racing the Finke.  To say we are excited is an understatement it’s a fantastic event.

Tony’s been working on the car for months and has done everything possible to be prepared.  The car leaves tomorrow and we follow on Thursday.  Two years ago we drove , it took five days to get there, we did take our time doing the touristy things on the way.  Unfortunately Tony  cant take the time of work this year.

DSCF0616

In the trailer ready to go.

a

b

 

I'm not sure who took these photo’s I think it was a photographer from the ABC.  These were taken in 2007

Finke1

Finke2

We are spending five days in Alice, so I've been planning for the places I want to go and see especially ones I missed out on last time.  No doubt it will be a full on.

So what do I have to do by next Wednesday?  As it’s the end of the month on Sunday (I think lol) I have to finish this months book work, I'm hoping to get that done today so on Sunday or Monday can print of statements and get them in the mail. 

On Saturday we are supposed to be going to Wet and Wild, oh how thrilled I am to be going there lol.  We are hoping for rain, as if we need any more.  We tried to talk Tess   out of it by telling her how cold it is going to be be she wont be put off lol.  I guess I could drop them off and go back to Ikea .

The girls aren't coming with us so we have to get them organised.  Lucy is staying with Linda and Eric and Tess is staying with Kym and Michael.   Poor Lucy, her birthday is on the 9th of June, the day we come home but wont get home until about 9pm. I have to order her cake and buy  her pressie’s.  We will take her out to dinner on Wednesday night lol.  At least we will sort of be here on the day (or what is left of it)

 

 

Anyway that’s my half hour up so had better get off here.

Bye for now

1 comment:

Tess said...

happy birthday to Lucy for the 9th!!
have a great time away, i miss you already LOL
I'm having a dejavou moment, LOL yet another grandchild due on one of the girls birthday! whats the bet haylz has her baby the day before or the day after?? (she's due the 9th!!) she'll do a Harry and refuse to be born on the same day as Lucy LOL