Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adventures at the Body Piercing Shop

 

For Christmas I gave Tess a voucher for Puncture Body Piercing so she could get her belly button pierced.  We finally got there today.  We had a bit of a wait and some guys came in and were asking heaps of questions about having certain body parts pierced.  The guys who works there explained to them that he doesn't  like piercing the lower regions he can do it but prefers not to.  He then went on to tell them that and I quote “an old lady came in” he then went on to say that this old lady was 40.  I'm not one to stay quiet and said Excuse me 40 is not old and gave it to them (nicely of course).  Listening to these guys I learnt more about body piercing than I ever wish to know , Tess was feeling a bit embarrassed I must admit so was I.  I should add that it wasn't the guy that worked there but the customers.  The young guy was lovely very professional.

Tess had her stomach done, she said it didn't hurt and all was well, she was made to stay lying down for a while.   We went out into reception and he was going through her aftercare with us.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tess take a step back,  stiffen then she fell sideways.  She hit her head on the wall then flat onto the floor.  She must of hit her head fairly hard as she left a dent in the wall.  She was as white as a ghost.  We took her back into the piercing room and she laid down for a while until she felt better.  Unfortunately, the reception area was packed, I hope we didn't loose any sales for them.    She was so embarrassed she said she’s never going back there but she has to in a couple of weeks for a checkup.

Tess and I were cracking up about it all the home.  I cant take her anywhere, Tess said that was such a blonde thing to do lol.  I don’t think she will be in a hurry to get anything else pierced for a while.

2 comments:

Our Red House said...

All I can say is "Ouch!" The piercing sounds "ouch" as does Tess's fall.

I'm too chicken even to have pierced ears.

Kate

Chrissy said...

Poor Tess!! I keep telling Emmy about all the girls who've fainted, she doesn't believe me. *grin*