Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday

Firstly I must say my heart goes out to Mandy  (The Old Dairy )and her lovely family I was  so sad to hear that her husband Greg had passed away this week.  Reading Mandy’s blog you can feel the love and warmth that her  family share with each other.  It is one of my favourite blogs, they are in my thoughts especially today being Father’s Day.

We had a lovely day today, Tony gave up on the girls making breakfast for him as he is an early riser, they are not.  I think I saw him wander out to sit in the  sun with a bowl of cereal lol.

We were invited to lunch at  The Buderim Tavern by the Milton’s to celebrate Father’s Day and Rons 60th birthday.  I haven't been there in years and the foods is still superb .  This is what I had for lunch

lunch

It was chicken breast stuffed with pumpkin and feta served with beans and pureed cauliflower.  It was delicious .  I hadn't seen Ron and Jennifer’s children for about 16 years so it was lovely to catch up with them.  How quick does the time go.

DSCF2267

Brett, his wife Lisa and Ron, who looks great for a 60 year old.

DSCF2266

Holly’s husband (whose name escapes me at the moment and Tony’s not here to ask) Holly who I had last seen when Tess was born and Tony.r&j

Ron and Jennifer.  I used to work for them before Tess was born, they owned The Ettamogah Pub garage.  I loved working with them.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of Bonnie last time I saw her she was about 7 or 8 years old, she has grown up to be a beautiful young lady.

Spotted this little guy through a window this afternoon.

a

 

There was a little Willie wagtail almost sitting on his back I think he was trying to get the kookaburra to move on.   I have  a stack of bookwork to do  so I had better  get off here , have a great week.

Bye for now

1 comment:

The Old Dairy said...

Hi Jackie, I just wanted to say a big thanks for the prayers and thoughts you have sent me through this time, it means so very much to me......
Hugs Mandy