Thursday, June 24, 2010

Change Is Good (I hope)

There’s a lot going on in my household at the moment. After almost five years I've decided to quit work at the bakery and finish up next Wednesday.  One thing for sure I wont miss if is getting up at 4.30am. I'm going to miss the customers as I've come to know some of them very well over the years. I guess I will see them around.   A lady who comes into the bakery nearly everyday for her French Vanilla slice or sometimes an apple danish said that now she is going to have no one to talk football with lol. One of my reasons for leaving work is that we are expanding our business and buying another truck.  No I wont be driving it although I could.  So I will have more bookwork to do, so I really need to be on top of things.

Lucy turned 14 on the 9th of June.  14 going on 19 I think I'm sure I didn't have attitude like hers when I was that age .  I haven't taken any photo’s for the last few weeks which is so not like me .  Lucy and I can never agree on the type of photos we want she hates the photo’s I take of her and I hate how she wants all her photo’s to look like My space photos, you know the ones I mean lol that results in not a lot of photos of her at the moment.  She had a good day she finally got her IPod Touch and we had dinner at Sizzlers I took her shopping a couple of days later for some clothes.

DSCF6162

Tess has started dancing full time, she will start her Diploma next year and it will take two years to complete.  It’s killing her at the moment.  She has such sore muscles that she can hardly move this week.  She is so cranky because she is so tired.  We have been trying to stay out of her way. They have another eisteddfod in two weeks at Redcliffe she is looking forward to that.

Tony competed and finished The Finke Desert Race.  He finished 18th outright and fifth in class.  This was great considering he had to stop twice on the way back.  The accelerator cable slipped off and then the exhaust fell off knocking a lead apart causing all the power steering fluid to leak.  Fortunately a spectator had the oil that they needed so they were able to keep going.   It’s such a hard race just to finish is an achievement .  I haven't seen any photo’s yet as his navigator has them.  I really missed not going this year so roll on next year.  How cool is this picture I didn't take it obviously but I got it off the ABC local Alice Springs site I believe it was taken by someone who goes by the name of Dane the Viking.  Love it

r585183_3708703[1]

 

Only a few more days until Tony and I go and see this man in concert.  Yusuf Islam formerly known as Cat Stevens.  This is a concert I never thought I would see.

Yusuf

To say I'm excited is an understatement.  I have always loved his music. Then on Wednesday night Tess and I are going to see Fame the Musical

production26

I'm really looking forward to this.  Anyway better go

Bye for now

No comments: