Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Northern NSW Weekend

Seems like an eternity since I've been to my blog.  I've had a few really busy weeks with a lot going on.

A few weeks ago the girls and I went to visit my sister as my mum and grandma were visiting.  I hadn't seen them since October so that was really nice.    We travelled down to Northern NSW after I finished work on the Friday.  It’s a great run down there only takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.  We stayed  at the Garden Inn Woloongbar I recommend this motel as this is the second time we have stayed here it’s very comfortable and clean, the owners are very friendly.

Saturday we dropped Tess and Izzy off in Byron Bay, Tess was dying to do some shopping there and Jen, Lucy and I went to Bangalow, such a cute little town.  We always go to the Bangalow markets but unfortunately they had been on the week before. 

DSCF6335

 

We were starving so we had lunch at the Utopia Cafe.   Oh my goodness the food was superb , pricey but superb I had the  Grilled organic sourdough bruschetta,caramelised pumpkin, soft feta and macadamias such a simple meal but so beautiful, makes my mouth water just thinking about it .  Would love to go back again.

My main reason for going to Bangalow was to go to Heaths Old Wares .  One look at this place it was like I had died and gone to heaven.  They have so much stuff, and the owners were lovely, lovely people. I will definitely be going back here again.

DSCF6328

DSCF6330

 

DSCF6325

I would have like to take that old railway seat home with me if I could have fit it in the car.

DSCF6327

Another beautiful shop that had some serious eye candy was  Millar and More, check out their homewares and gorgeous linens.   I've ordered a bird cage from them .

Sunday we just hung around at Jon and Dan’s place as we had to leave just after lunch to come home. 

DSCF6358

DSCF6363

DSCF6352

us

DSCF6371

DSCF6393

DSCF6407 

We had a lovely weekend but on a sad note my grandma had a mild stroke at Sydney airport the next day after these photo’s were taken and was in hospital for a week.  The good news is that she is on the mend but it really has taken a lot out of her, she is 98 in September.  Get well Nanny,

Bye for now

Jackie

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Jackie. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to comment on your gorgeous blog! I have been away from blogland mostly, studying! Firstly, I hope that your Nan is doing better !! Secondly what a fabulous weekend you seem to have had. I LOVE Bangalow and Heath's! We were there a year ago and had an absolute ball...such a gorgeous little town. We had a great lunch at the bakery at the top of the main street. I hope you are enjoying a fabulous weekend and best wishes for the coming week:) ~ Tina xx