Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brisbane Botanical Gardens

As I had a lot of time to fill in while Tess was working at Northlakes Shopping Centre I invited Tess and the boys to come with me to the botanical gardens as I had never been there.  It was a freezing day (by our standards anyway), first we drove up to Mt Coot-tha Lookout there was a quaint little coffee shop up there so a warm drink and something to eat was the first order of the day.  Some of these photo’s were taken by Tess including the one’s of the duck and bird, I love the detail in those.

view

 

DSCF6632

 

IMG_1490

 

a

After morning tea we headed down the road the botanical gardens.

b

 

c

 

d

 

e

 

f

Loved this roof.  This was the tropical garden section

IMG_1535

IMG_1545

 

IMG_1550

 

DSCF6707

 

DSCF6699

I thought the gardens looked a  little tired but then it is winter (not our rainy season) and Brisbane is very strict with water  usage Tess and I are definitely going back in spring I think it will look spectacular.

duck

 

bird

 

l&c

 

lucy1

 

k

 

IMG_1564

Between the two of us we were able to get some lovely photo’s of Lucy without her “my space” expressions which was really great.  We had a lovely day, we will have to do some more of these day trips over the Christmas school holidays.

No comments: