Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Day In my Life- Monday

I enjoy reading these kind of posts so  I was inspired by Libby from Life is a Journey not a Destination to do one myself.  So here is my day.

Woke up at 5.50, Tony always makes a me a cup of tea, got up and did a quick tidy around the house and threw on some washing.  Woke the girls up at 7am, usually they are up at 6 and leave for the bus at 7 but Tess has been missing the early connection bus to Tafe so I have been driving them most mornings.  Made breakfast, Hash browns for Tess and a peach smoothie for me.  I prefer to use fresh fruit and didn't have any silken tofu which really makes it creamy and smooth but it was still nice.

hb

DSC_2318

ps

Dishes done and we were out the door by 8am.  I don't get to drive much any more Tess has driven over 30 hours already (that’s with 3 driving lessons).

DSCF0275

DSCF0261

a self portrait by Lucy lol.  I dropped Lucy into town to meet up with her friends and then they walk to school.  I was able to talk Tess into going and getting me a coffee from Michelle’s while I minded Milly.

Dropped Tess off at Tafe.  Not the best photo I was taking a lot of these photo’s with Lucy’s camera as it is small.

DSCF0279

On the way home I stopped at the post office, Mapleton doesn't have mail delivery lol. I'm glad I did because it was a good mail day.  My Jenni Bowlin monthly kit arrived oh my goodness such beautiful goodies.  If you DSC_2329

want to check out these kits you can here.  Enough procrastination I had a heap of bookwork to do.  It’s hot today so only last about an hour and decide to go for swim.  I let Milly into the pool yard as she doesn't like swimming and will run around the pool poor Fred cant come in because once he gets in the pool you cant get him out.  Every now and then Milly slips in and today was one of them.  She’s not happy

swim milly

After a swim I'm feeling peckish so had marinated tofu and a boiled egg.  Despite it’s appearance it was very nice.

tofu

DSC_2363

Got a fair bit done but the heat got to me so back to the pool .  Time for lunch and doing some menu planning for the week.

lunch

menu plan

Pick Lucy up at 3pm then headed out to the fruit shop a 15 minute drive toward the coast.

DSCF0285

There was no way I was taking a photo out of the car (that’s why I borrowed Lucy’s camera) there was a lady parked right in front of me that kept looking at me funny if she seen me taking photo’s I think she would have called the police lol. 

DSCF0286

I had Lucy all lined up to take a photo of the fruit shop as I pulled up in front a rather large man stripped of his T shirt right in our way so this is the best she could do was the little sign on the front gate lol

We rushed back to Nambour to meet Tess at 4, she had a driving lesson and was being dropped off at the supermarket.  Lucy took this photo of Tess

DSCF0301

DSCF0306

DSCF0308

Shopping done and this is what greeted us as we walked outside. It was only 5.15pm.

DSCF0311

It poured down but Tess still wanted to drive I must admit I was nervous but she has to learn to drive in all conditions.  That’s it for photo’s got home, cooked dinner and had an early night (I don't watch tv but did watch Underbelly)  That was my day

Bye for now

Jackie

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hi Jackie,

Loved reading about your day. Similiar to mine yet so different. Food looks like what I have too. I'd love the recipe for your peach smoothie. I've never though to add tofu. Hope you'll do more of these posts. I love having a record of the normal days and the photos to document our everyday life.

Libby