Saturday, February 19, 2011

Life Rolls Along

I started this blog post a while ago.

It amazes me how quickly the weeks fly by It’s a bit scary really.  I haven't done anything interesting lately I had promised myself the last two weekends that I would get some craft time in but that didn't happen.  I'm definitely going to try in the next week or so.

All week we watched in horror as the massive cyclone Yasi made it’s way to North Queensland, one of our friends evacuated and another was going to wait it out, he owns a sugar cane farm I'm not sure how that held up. More flooding in Victoria and horrible bushfires in WA, what is going to happen next.

I dragged Tess down to the local park for some photos we compromised  she could drive if she let me take photos.  I like this tree it has interesting bark, I wish I could find the photos of the girls when they were young in front of this tree I wanted a then and now.

DSC_1561

DSC_1539

She has been driving a lot and is doing really well she has already done over 10 hours and that’s just short trips, she went to Texas this weekend I told her to do a fair bit of the driving to get her hours up.  She will have to tow the trailer (I'm not sure if she is even allowed to do that).

Then later   it was Lucy’s turn

DSC_1762

DSC_1735

DSC_1753

I like this one, Tess was in the background being a pain in the rear and Lucy was giving her one of her drop dead looks.

I'm not sure if I mentioned before I'm doing Ali Edwards One little Word at Big Picture.  My word for the year is HEALTHY so what have I done to work toward being more Healthy.  I started Body Trim, it’s not a diet it just changes the way you eat.  We have always eaten well but I've been overweight for years, lack of exercise doesn't help nor did the way I ate carbs, lived on them.  Ate like a top athlete but didn't exercise like one lol.  Body Trim is high protein, low carbs so we didn't have to make huge adjustments just eat more protein and eat more often.  I'm never hungry and the foods is delicious .  I find Body Trim easy the only thing I struggle with is breakfast, I have never been a breakfast eater so I've been having this smoothie, I try not to have it every morning but it’s to die for.

DSC_1836

It has a lot of things I don't like soy yoghurt, protein powder but mixed with silken tofu, strawberries, and lecithin it is seriously one of the nicest smoothies I have ever tasted and the great thing is you don't feel hungry for hours.

I also want to give up smoking so have started taking Champix I have been taking it for two weeks and today is my last day of smoking.  I'm not keen on the tablets as the make me fall asleep and it’s like I have morning sickness, something I rarely had when pregnant but I will keep taking them and see what happens.  Had a scare the other morning I had a tablet half an hour before I left to take Tess to Tafe she drove there and I was falling asleep in the passengers seat I dropped her and Lucy off and was driving home it’s a 15- 20 min drive I could hardly keep my eyes open and I said to myself pull over, then talked myself out of that. I was going through this rather winding cutting, next minute my eyes flew open and I'm heading towards the bush, squashed the guidepost with a really loud bang lucky I went that way and not the other way as there were three cars heading towards me.  I tell you THAT woke me up, so what did I learn when a medication leaflet says do not drive as it may cause drowsiness, take note because it may just be so.  Very little medication makes me tired I guess that’s why I didn't take much note.  It’s funny because Champix can cause sleeplessness, not on me it doesn't lol.

Anyway to finish off I thought I would share I project I finished a few weeks ago.  I have been meaning to make a bus destination board since last year.  Found the frame at the Op shop for $10, when ever I went to print the destinations I never had enough ink lol but it’s finally done.  I wish I had mixed up the fonts a bit more but I guess if it really annoys me I can print it again.  I saw a large canvas of these at a shop in Bangalow for $800.00.  You have got to be kidding me even the smaller ones are hundreds of dollars, just ridiculous.  I did consider stencilling onto a large canvas but I knew that it would never happen so it was quicker to print them.  I do live on the Sunshine Coast so I could have put the beaches but as I live in the hinterland I thought our bus service would be more appropriate as my girls use this bus all the time.  Not a good photo as the light was not good.

DSC_2289

Bye for now

Jackie

2 comments:

The Old Dairy said...

Goodness me what are you doing driving and sleeping hmmmmmm they just don't go together...I am so glad that you are OK. Good on you for giving up smoking this is a biggy, Greg tried many times and couldn't do it.....
I LOVE the bus sign, it looks fab.
Have a great week.
Mandy

Libby said...

Great to see an update from you. Gorgeous photos of your beautiful girls. Congrats on giving up smoking definitely the best thing you do for your health. The car/sleeping episode sounds very scary. Glad you were okay.