Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Day At the Zoo

 

Australia Zoo that is,  I haven't been there for years and it’s still very impressive.   What I love about it is it’s so clean and the animals are so well looked after, the Sunshine Coast is so lucky to have this wonderful attraction. I remember first going there back in 1996 it was so small compared to what it is today.

DSC_2824

When I used to work the early shift at the bakery the old men would gather outside in the car park and stand there and talk for 30-60minutes nearly every day, these guys on the rock just reminded me of that.

otter

Love the otters, I could just stand and watch them for hours they are so entertaining.

otters

otter2

otters1

girls1

girls

girls2

T&L

The girls were waiting in line for their turn when Tess saw the Koala poo on the girl that was nursing him so when it came to their turn she promptly made Lucy hold the koala, not that Lucy minded at all.

irwins

The Irwins.

croc

death roll

The croc in the throes of a death roll.

run

I would be running too.

croc1

croc2

DSC_3157

elephant

That feels soooooo good.

elephant2

koala

koala1

This little one had an itch that just wouldn't quit .

td

A little Tasmanian Devil.

dingo

A gorgeous dingo, just love them.

dingo1

DSC_3268

DSC_3282

DSC_3025

DSC_3024

The tigers were hard to photograph as they were behind glass or thick perspex. As you can imagine I took hundreds of photos, haven't even touched on the birds    It was pretty yucky weather but we had a great day.

Fashionista? I don't think so.

fashion queen

We were very grateful for these raincoats.

That’s it for now

Bye

3 comments:

Libby said...

Wow, wow, wow - what AMAZING photos - so makes me want to go play with my DSLR. The swimming otter photo is my fav.

Jackie said...

Thanks Libby I wish I had time to play with it too. I can take it out of auto but not as much as I would like lol

Caroline said...

Beautiful Photos as usual for you Jackie. We love Australia Zoo too! but we haven't been for a while.