Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 8 Thursday

Great excitement started the day today my baby turned 15.  We made her wait until today to give her a portable DVD player yes we made her wait until we had already driven 3361.02KM I have always be against my kids having DVD players in the car I prefer mine look out the window and see a bit of this beautiful country that we live in.  Lucy survived. She also got some vouchers from Grandma, Grandpa and Nanny.   We were going to visit the Alice Springs Desert Park it’s a fantastic park I put it equal with Australia Zoo.  You can go on walks through Woodland Habitat, Desert Rivers and sand country.  There is so much to see even in winter, all the lovely plants and the spectacular wildlife.  Someone once said to me they thought the desert landscape was boring, you have got to be joking.

despark

This photo was taken in 2007 but I forgot to take a photo of the entrance so I'm using this one, look at the gorgeous blue sky.

DSC_4621

DSC_4619

bird

I hope to name these birds correctly I had to buy a bird book called Birds of the Red Centre by Malcolm Arnold.  This little guy above is a Rainbow Bee Eater

bird2

I don't know either of these but the bird below sings the most beautiful song,  I will have to go and find my other bird book.

bird3

Black Winged Stilt

bird4

bird6

bird7

bird8

bird9

A cute little fairy wren, sorry I'm to lazy to find out the name of the others.

DSC_4618

DSC_4683

 

DSC_4639

lucy

DSC_4718

DSC_4723

DSC_4802

Mum and bub a big bub at that.

DSC_4805

DSC_4829

DSC_4832

DSC_4846

DSC_4853

DSC_4863

DSC_4872

DSC_4869

DSC_4891

duck

duck1

After spending hours at the park we had to go and pick up Lucy’s birthday cake.  I was fortunate to have a friend that lived in Alice Springs and his wife was able to tell me the best place for cake was Cakes for You.  Just lovely was so pleased with this cake and it tasted delicious .

DSC_4904

This photo just doesn't do this cake justice.  We went out to dinner to celebrate Lucy’s birthday I hope she had a good day.

1 comment:

Libby said...

It's a great park isn't it? We loved our visit here and would definitely go again.