Thursday, October 20, 2011

Come for a walk with me.

I'm procrastinating today I have a heap of work to do but really am finding it hard to get going today. It’s been a busy seven days, my patrol’s motor decided not to work anymore and Tony has been pricing motors and trying to get the best deal, we are really lucky that he can do all the work himself but he has been busy with work and went away last weekend.  I'm grateful we have two cars but the other one’s a ute so you can imagine the running around that we are doing, I'm averaging four trips a day into Nambour which is a 15 minute drive from here.  Tonight Lucy has a dance concert so I have to go and pick her up from school at 3pm and then have her back at school by 5pm, poor Tess will have to come down to the concert with Tony in the truck (glad it’s them  not me ). 

Anyway I had a really good weekend and was able to scrap five layouts, that was a record for me .  I tell you it felt good to be scrapping again.    I was going to take a photo of the layouts but it’s a rainy day and the lights not the best, I might scan them later.

So lets walk

This is a neighbours cute van, I think it may have broken down to because it hasn't moved from this spot for a few weeks.

van

Although you wouldn't know it by the weather this week, it’s rather chilly, but spring has definitely sprung.

f1

We decided to head toward town and meet Lucy off the bus.

p1

We spotted a Kingfisher sitting on a branch, this is only the forth time I've seen them in Mapleton.

kf

I really like this gate

g2

gate

DSC_9054

It’s not always easy.

f2

f3

house

Finally this grand old house has been sold I wish it were me.  I cant wait to see what the new owners do to it.

l

l2

b

DSC_9104

A glimpse of the Old School House, this was the original principal’s house and used to be situated at the school until they moved it to this site, to build a carpark, now it is an information centre and a boutique that is used to raise money for a hospice.

l1

Our community Library it wouldn't survive without the wonderful volunteers that run it, it’s opened from 2 to 5pm daily and from 9 – 12 on Saturdays.

sign

Which way, straight ahead to the shops or left to the Lilyponds?

DSC_9114

DSC_9115

We will have to walk through the Lilyponds another day.

rose

Lovely roses outside the doctors surgery.

DSC_9130

view

The view toward Mount Coolum.

DSC_9133

Up towards the bowling club and post office, we don't get mail delivery here so we have to go to the Post Office everyday to collect our mail.  My house used to be on the right hand side of this road about half way up and yes it had a wonderful view.  The doctor who owned it moved it to our block and lived in it while he built his house (still lives there)

bellavista

This is seriously a fantastic restaurant, does takeaway too.  Bellavista makes the best chilli crab linguine.

shops1

There is a clothes  “hippy” shop, a second hand book shop (which I love) and a lovely antique shop.

shop2

 

shops3

It’s rather sad but the General store closed for good last weekend.

shops4

lu

Hey Lucy, she has that look on her face that says “OH no she has her camera out in public again”

protection

Yes we have an aggressive magpie that loves to swoop men or boys on bicycles it seems to leave females alone.

DSC_9154

The front of the Old School House

DSC_9157

The old Mapleton Hall

DSC_9252 

Almost home

DSC_9161

kf2

bt

A bush turkey building the nest.

b3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    DSC_9249 DSC_9255 DSC_9261

Bye for now

Jackie

2 comments:

Libby said...

Hi Jackie,

I've just put my feet up to have a rest but had to say I really enjoyed the walk around your town. How lucky you are to live somewhere where you can walk to the shops - and what cute shops they are. And so much wild life. So lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.

Libby

Caroline said...

Thanks for letting me come for a stroll with you. We should get together & do it more often LOL!
Caroline