Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 9

 

What an up and down week this week extreme sadness, excitement and happiness, I guess that’s why its called Project Life.

My daughter Lucy is intellectually disabled, she has learning difficulties and school is a real struggle.  Twice a year since she started school we get together with her case  manager and work out an education plan both for school and home, it’s a list of what we want Lucy to achieve.  This year it’s changed I’m not sure if this is just for her school, state or federal it’s now called Pathway (I think) I must admit I was sceptical and thought oh yeah another “plan” but I was so impressed with this.  This is Lucy’s plan not mine not her case worker but hers.  The only things to go on this list were what she wanted.  Lucky Annabelle can draw and I think her Path looks really good.  Lucy likes visuals and couldn’t wait to put this up on her wall.  It has a list of people who influence her, short and long term goals and how and who are going to help her get there.  Very positive and most things are very doable.  We could take positive people to this meeting (it took 2hours) I took my parents, but we could have taken day care workers, someone from an employment agency etc.  My DH would have been there but he had to work. 

The excitement was Grandma and Grandpa coming for a visit it’s great that they only live a few hours away again.  Tess bought her first car at the car auctions,  She had been saving for ages, it’s a great little car.

On a very sad note we lost a very close friend, he was only 44, so sad.  He was such a lovely and funny person and a great handyman. I guess for him he’s in a better place, we are certainly going to miss him.

Just couldn't get rid of the glare in the photo.

Not to self  Do not glue photos or cards to the back of the other photos or cards until you are absolutely sure everything is in the right place.  I'm not a hundred percent happy with where everything is placed but cant move it now.

Week 9 a

 

Week 9 b

Week 9 c

Bye for now

Jackie

7 comments:

Julie Coryell said...

Thanks for sharing about Lucy's path. I have a daughter with autism and her IEP's are always so stressful. I truly want her to be happy & do what she loves doing.

So sorry to hear of your friend that died. So hard to lose anyone, but even more difficult to understand when they are young.

Blessings to you for a great week!

kate adderley said...

hi jackie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, your pages look great too, sorry you have lost a dear friend, lm sure hes in a better place, have a great week......kate

packmom said...

Oh that pathway looks so cool. I need one of those for my son with Aspergers going into middle school. We are meeting with the school soon to figure out how best to make the transition for next year.

Libby said...

It certainly was a week of ups and downs. Sorry to hear about your friend. Much too young. Lucy's program sounds great. So happy for both of you that she's got a good "path" to follow.

Chrissy said...

Oh Jackie love, just catching up on the blog and read your post about your friend, I'm SO sorry to hear about him, he was the same age as me.. so hard to understand. :(

Congrats to Tess on her first car, excitement MUCH I'm sure. Lucy's Pathway Program sounds pretty great, looks fabulous for her from what you've shared. :)

Libby said...

Hi Jackie,

Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope everything is well with your family.

Caroline said...

I must have missed this post Jackie, so I am rather belated with my sympathies for your friend Brad. So hard when they can't seem to see a way out. Wow! I battled the awful IEP's for many years with my youngest son I always found them to be GREAT!! on paper but the school didn't always follow them up. Hope the Pathways is more successful
Hope your having a lovely w/e
Caroline