Thursday, September 13, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY- 100 Years Old

 

Its not often you get to meet someone that is 100 years old.  Yesterday the 12th of September my Nanny turned 100.

  Unfortunately Tony and Lucy were stuck in Griffith and missed the party,  Tess and I did the three and a half hour drive to Alstonville.  Nanny received lots of beautiful flowers, cards and letters from very important people such as the Queen, Governor General,  the PM and numerous other politicians. 

We went to lunch at Summerland House Farm better known as The House with no Steps.  Lunch was lovely as I'm on my HCG protocol I'm not allowed a large variety of food I opted for a lovely quiche and salad I was naughty and had a few mouthfuls of birthday cake which was delicious.  Then it was time to turn around for the drive home  I'm so glad we were able to celebrate her birthday with her and I hope there are more to come.

nb1

nb2

nb3

nb7

My mother Jenny and Nanny

nb8

Nanny and my sister Dan

nb11

Tess and Nanny

nb15

Nanny and my nephew Darcy.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Wow - she looks amazing for 100.

Chrissy said...

Happy 100th to your Nanny Jackie! Wow, she looks fabulous, what a great get together you must have all had. xx