Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fabulous Weekend


The weekend has come and gone and it’s back to reality, I really wish I was still there.  We got up on Friday morning at 3am to catch a 6.30 flight.  I'm glad Tony was wide awake for the hour drive to  Brisbane because I felt barely conscious.  We had to drop our car off at 5am then they drove the ten minute drive to the airport and had us there by 5.20 it was great no stress and plenty of time to check in before boarding at 6am.  I don't do early mornings very well which is funny considering I had a job that required me to be at work by 5.30 for four years.


Sunrise at Brisbane airport.

The flight was uneventful and we landed at Proserpine airport just before 8am then whisked off on a bus to Abel Point Marina at Airlie Beach where we were able to grab some coffee before the ferry was due at 10am.  It only took about 25 minutes to get to Daydream.


Welcome to Daydream Island. The island is only a kilometre long and about 500 metres wide with a tiny hill in the middle.  We were lucky that our room was ready and we were able to check in straight away.  We went and found Tony’s brothers and sat by the pool just swimming ,drinking and having lunch until 1.30.  Then it was time to get ready for Mel and Clint’s wedding.  The wedding was at Lovers cove which is a little beach with a wooden deck over looking the water and islands.


Tony’s mum Sonja, niece Fauve, sister in law Karen and niece Jana.

I have two hoods for my lens and  both have gone missing so I really struggled taking photos at the wedding which was disappointing as the glare was so bad.  I'm hoping to be able to do something with the photos in Photoshop but this couple were the cutest couple there apart from the bride and groom.


Nephew Norton and his girlfriend Portia.


My sister in law Jenny (in the orange dress), nephew Sam and brother in law Mick.



Niece Jaylene, her partner Shane and daughter Amelia


The beautiful bride and her dad Peter


Mel’s sister Jess was bridesmaid.



It was a gorgeous wedding, relaxed yet very elegant I loved the dresses and the location it was one of the more enjoyable weddings that I've been to.

Double trouble Tony and Sam





The reception area which overlooked another beach, pier and islands.  It was so beautiful, food was superb especially the pavlova it was the best I've ever tasted I knew not to eat it but I did and as a result was back to my room by 10.30pm with a really bad headache and woke up at 3 in the morning with a migraine.  No more photos from the night as they show bad behaviour and I think the worse behaved were the Uncles, need I say more.  Lets just say they were rather amusing.

Next morning was off to a bit of a slow start, I swear I drank the least and I think I felt the worse, hardly fair is it.  Once the headache dimmed and after breakfast we went back to Lover’s cove as Tony wanted to do some snorkelling. The rest of the day was spent walking around exploring, an afternoon sleep then dinner. 



It was too much for some.

Now dinner deserves its own post.  Oh my goodness I really thought I’d died and gone to heaven.  We decided to go to the seafood buffet and it didn't disappoint.  I had Lobster, crab, prawns, bugs, muscles and oysters and then there were wonderful salads and hot food as well. I'm salivating just at the thought of it again.


This photo isn't the best as it was taken on the I phone.  This was plate number one I hate to admit but I went back four times, the lobster was my favourite.

Sunday was our last day so we were up early for breakfast, fresh fruit, bircher muesli and pancakes to start the day.  We said Goodbye to some then the rest of us went down to the Daydream village to hang beside the pool for a couple of hours before we had to leave at 1.50pm.



Little Slater, Jess’ son


Slater with his dad, Shawn


Time to go, I don't think I want to.


After the most exquisite weather we were heading towards this



Just about to land in Brisbane


We arrived home at 5.30 just in time to listen to the Grand Final.  It was lovely to be home and the house was lovely and tidy, Tess even managed to get Lucy to clean her room.  This is what the weather was like here on the coast yesterday, wet and cold.  Welcome back to the Sunshine Coast.



Would I go there again?  Most definitely however it is so expensive especially food and drinks and there are no facilities for you to take your own food and drink, if you could sneak alcohol in do it.  I would only go there in winter but that’s just me I hate humidity.  Be prepared to queue they don't have enough staff on anywhere.  For some reason we were booked on the wrong ferry and missed the connecting bus to the airport although the girl at reception recommended we go on the ferry that we did we had to fork out another $94 in taxi fees (we had already paid for the bus back to the airport) I have spoken to a manager on the island and at the moment am waiting for him to phone me today.  There is a lot of buck passing between the reservation office (which made the first mistake they had us leaving on Saturday) and the Island but it will get sorted.  Beside that we really did have the best time.

Bye for now


1 comment:

Libby said...

Looks and sounds like a delightful weekend - except for the getting sick part. Unfortunately I think the healthier we eat to harder we're hit when we eat something not so good for us :-(. Doesn't seem fair at all.
So many lovely photos.